Committed to nurturing new talents in and new audiences for Indian performing arts, Ranan initiated ‘Ankur’, an annual event for emerging talent in the Indian classical dance, in 2004. Over the years, 'Ankur' participants have included young dancers from Calcutta, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Thrissur and Bangalore. Many have had their debut performances in Calcutta under this programme.
‘Ankur 2012’ is scheduled for 22 September at Gyan Manch, Calcutta this year and will form the second evening of the annual programme of Brindar - Ranan’s Kathak training wing. Applications for solo recitals in any classical dance are invited from prospective participants between the ages of 18 and 30 as on 1 July 2012.
Applications will be screened by an expert committee and two selected candidates informed by end-July. Established professional performers will not be considered.
Applications should include:
- A complete CV of the candidate with all contact details
- A VCD or DVD of not less than 20 and not more than 30 minutes duration. We are unable to accept video cassettes
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from the Guru / Institution
- Copy of any age proof document
Please mark applications ‘Ankur 2012’ and send to:
2C, East Road
Calcutta 700 032
The last date for receiving applications is 10 July 2012.
- Ranan is unable to return any application material
- The decisions of the expert panel are final
- Live music accompaniment is mandatory for the performance
For further information, please contact email@example.com